Efficient, Accessible and Budget builds ("EAB" tag)

That thing is ugly, but the longer I look at it, the more I suspect it’s a killer at 5109.

@41358411
Charlie… I was right… It’s a beast.

This was my 1st attempt with it. I did have to swap in an Ampere since I didn’t have the gen you mounted. Plus, to be fair, two of my vectors are fused, my bear is fused, my fuel tank is fused, my tamyr is fused… etc etc etc… :rofl:

2 Likes

On*. Second this to be monstrosity but an efficient one.

2 Likes

Ya, I heard the rumors about this gig, so I decided to try it out myself. I…borrowed an associate’s abandoned F2P account (Engineers LVL 12) and downloaded the “EAB Chords2” build, and am absolutely wrecking schit. I’m still not winning very many matches, but I’m smacking the helloutta kids with that chord build.

I tried the “Hunter” and “Hold My Bear” builds with my own personal account, before that, and ran the show there too…still didn’t win many matches, but my performance was well accommodated by these builds. I had no problem getting them to do their thing. They work great. Good job, Chuck. Well done.

I think you need some kind of signature paint job to go with this project, so these builds get more attention out in the wasteland. I think more people should recognize your talent and effort with this project. I’ve been enjoying your work anyway, so thanks.

3 Likes

I took “Hold My Bear” and tried to pretty it up a bit…
Flipped the canvas roofs over,
Replaced the ATM machine with that Wakidate wing thing,
Replaced a couple of buggy parts with avia parts,
Added the exhausts, switched hubcaps & changed some wheels… a few other things.

It’s not quite the EAB build, but it’s arguably prettier. Roughly the same PS & durability, though.

Z4

Z2

Z3

z1 - Copy

I just don’t have the knack for building low PS EAB builds, though. I always “bleed upwards” in PS…

Charlie is the expert, here.

2 Likes

I mean… just dayum…

Z4

2 Likes

A large problem with new players and low powerscore is the complete inacessibility to rare and special movement parts that have full reverse speed and/or strafing which is absolutely necessary to being a more powerful player. Being constrained to forwards only and 27-30km/h reverse is extremely limiting in pvp. Builds that do well with wheels all have fast turning high dps weapons that allow them to beat all builds using only W.

In every clip where I carry my team or clutch 1 1v>1 I am using reverse speed in situations where I am otherwise guaranteed to die or be degunned.

The lack of low tier full reverse speed and strafing is really what harms new players because everybody not new has a major advantage over them.

I do think they should introduce white tracks for beginners. I think if they released a mini-battle pass for beginners that introduced new white and blue parts it would be popular. They need white pew-pew. They have no beginner sci-fi.

They’ve improved the graphics on a lot of low tier parts and could have presented those updates as CKs, or new head-lamps (instead of updating the old ones), and maybe presented a new white cab, to go with those new white tracks, and the steam engine they could have, if they wanted to. They could have even made the old garage a part of a “deluxe starter pack,” that contains these graphical updates as CKs, some white-tracks, a steam engine, and a new beginner cab.

1 Like

Thanks ! Means a lot to me. And I think you’re right, I’ll post a bit more frenquently on Reddit too to get more coverage.
And by the way, I do have a signature :wink: . Will you guys find out what it is ?

1 Like

On other news, I made another build to cover some areas:

• energy weapons for occasional BP challenges, and for different play-style.
  • 6000 PS range build, for 6K PS party.

For those goals I present you a Bear Synthesis !

1. Bear is a good cab for it, gives good mass limit, allowing to protect weapons well, and synthesis isn’t a speed and run playstyle.
  2. Special weapons, means accessed later than other rare weapons that we used so far, meaning that at the time we have them, we also have more parts and part limit, as well as a bit more budget for paints and stickers.
  3. We’ll use a maxwell, but it can be adapted for Ruby + big-G. put the car-jack next to maxwell and ruby instead of carjack.

Now I still have a melee build to do, among other things. The long term goal is to have a limited set of cars that can do all content, and “Efficient Accessible and Budget” certified (for the used PS range)

Thanks for reading and have a good day !

1 Like

Hello guys what’s up ? I’m good, busy-busy. Still get some time to cook and taste some good builds for new players or speedrunners. Today I present you something special ! Unique !

Drum rolls… A Trucker build that is not an art build ! :grinning:

The goal here was to make a rare canon heavy cab build. Some new players want to use Trucker. I wouldn’t really advise it, even if the cab is much better with the 10th point, but if they really want, I want to give them their best chance with it and a small budget.

The build is well designed, 2 large wheels and STs are enough with the free arrays to give most of the tonnage, it’s very manoeuvrable since array don’t touch the ground, and stable as arrays will start to support the vehicle as soon as a large wheel is destroyed.

For the canons, I though of putting them front, but I found that behind the cab wasn’t as bad as I thought even if the cab is high.

Ammos packs are “detachable” (weak connections that will safely detach them if enough damage happen), fuel tank and barrel are well protected, frame layout is simple and strong despite the small cab base… A trucker build that isn’t a nervous borer one screams “easy target” to players, however for a small budget, that build might be one of your best shot.

Hope you like the effort ! :smiley:

3 Likes

I love it. That style reminds me of old humpback meta back when it was the only epic cabin.

On a similar but more serious note, I made a jawbreaker hulk/little-boy.

A good and cheap heavy cab canon build is important for my Essential swiss-knife farming build collection. The build has a similar frame layout and concept, mainly to avoid all kind of unexpected explosions, which can happen on a poorly built vehicle with generator, fuel tank+barrel and a couple of ammo boxes.

I think next stop might be a pilgrim or quantum trigger, or blockchain… so much ideas, so little time :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi guys, hope you are well !

Hoping here to show you my new creation, a second growl vector, but with ampere and chill instead of pu-charge taymir :

Ampere is well protected and will allow the build to have a decent durability of 1200hp. Structural parts are accessible as usual. What is a more classic Crossout build than a growl vector ampere chill on wheels ? the same thing but on sledgehammers ? :smiley:

Such build is one of a XO starter swiss-knife build, doing pvp, medium raids, and Awakening mode.

I hope you like the construction, and I am making an extra effort on paints & stickers, I hope you like it !
Let me know what you think about it!

2 Likes

I guess you guys saw the dev blog yesterday ! If not yet, go check it out there : New season in Crossout. Part 2: new cabin and changes to existing parts - News - Crossout

One of the news is the Hot Rod going from Medium rare (pun intended) to Special light cabin, with only a speed increase from 80 to 90 km/h and the classic PS increase to 1300 PS, and accuracy perk of +15 %.

This new Speed, PS and perk might make the Hot rod a great cabin for budget pvp and hard raids, paired with tackers. cabin price was expensive for a rare, but not so much for a special one, and the mass limit is still high for a such cabin. Even the PS increase will help us reaching the 8000 PS restriction.
Tackers have fine durability for an MG and the new perk will compensate the lack of precision of the weapon.

Food for thoughts until we get the final parameters !

2 Likes

Come on, don’t fool the players, there’s never been only one great cabin good at raid: the Catalina

1 Like

You’re right ! :slight_smile: but it’s a + 2000c pack cabin and I’m focusing for now Budget buildsm with Accessible structural parts, constructed well to be Efficient, hence the EAB topic name.

As a decent entry hard raid build, the minimum is a special cab and 12pts of epic weapon, is what I found to be at the same time cheap and viable. I made a pilgrim tacklers, a Bat Specters, now Hot Rod might be a good option too

2 Likes

It can be seen that the developer is only interested in money. No changes to ps and relics.

For difficult raids, the ability of the most powerful epic weapons must be the incinerator, and only two, the ability can sometimes be compared with retcher, or even more than, new players with it can be

Thank you for the link Charlie.

SIDE NOTE: For anyone that wants to talk about the new update we also have this topic below.

1 Like