Great Update! Thank you Dev team!

Yeah and look how itā€™s going lol

1 Like

This game has always been a pain in the ass, I think. That part has never changed. Somehow itā€™s managed to surviveā€¦I still play it. It pisses me off sometimes, but when it works, itā€™s been more fun than any video game Iā€™ve played. Granted, I havenā€™t played too many of them, so whatever. My opinion and a quarter wonā€™t even buy you the paper anymore.

But, as for this new update, I think itā€™s too early to tell what itā€™s going to do the overall game. Theyā€™ll change crap before too long anyway, and then who knows? IDK.

They still have no competition in this genre. So, thereā€™s that.

Andā€¦whoā€™s the big investor? Wuling Motors isnā€™t some youtube streamer. How big of an impression does this company want to make on my demographic? I donā€™t know how big they are, but they seem more plugged in than some of the contributors of the past.

IDK. Could be nothing. But, it sure looks like something, and if the developers canā€™t see the potential, they should send me an email, and I can fill them in on the basicsā€¦for a percentage.

Smells like new car. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

2 Likes

Too trueā€¦ as much as Iā€™ve searched for something remotely similar, Iā€™ve found next to nada.

4 Likes

Well considering the range of timezones that I end up playing in could be often. Generally I tend to see 2 to 3 distinct different player groups depending on the time.

Edit:
I made a band and got my answer though it lets you add anyone regardless. So itā€™s kind of a moot issue.

2 Likes

OK, so I made myself a clan, got my free crates, now what?

Iā€™m already ready to leave my own clan, because I donā€™t need or want the extra menus, notices, and stats. It means nothing to me. Itā€™s just more crap pop-ups I donā€™t want to read.

I didnā€™t notice getting any new challenges or anything. I thought I was supposed to get some. Also, I seem to get more points for loosing miserably than winning, and thanks to their ninja nerfs Iā€™m not doing much winning anymore. Iā€™m not even sure what those points mean, or why I should care. Look kids, more numbers and menus? I donā€™t get it.

Why do I want this?

Iā€™m hip to give it a chance and just play along for a while, but Iā€™m lost, and kinda wish it would just go away. I donā€™t like the menu clutter, and I donā€™t see the benefits of this new clan situation, nor do I see their covert buffs and nerfs as having improved the playability of the overall game. PVP is a de-gunning schit-fest right now. Not fun. Mostly stupid and annoying. I guess I missed the announcement on that weapons durability nerf?

Iā€™m ready for the next update.

1 Like

'your off topic :crazy_face: :rofl:
put it here
* R.I.P. Crossout 'unnecessary changes' šŸ˜¢

'but really, i guess we have to wait until sunday i was told until it all makes sense,we will seeā€¦

1 Like

It explains in the clan tabs that the missions have not started yet.

1 Like

I believe they said the new challenge menu drops tomorrow night - as in Sunday night. Thatā€™s when weekly challenges normally reset, so thatā€™s when these will start.

Iā€™m thinking that new pack drops then, too.

2 Likes

Kids will need the extra durability those wheels offer gunsā€¦supposing it does buff (un-nerf) their durability.

It seems counterproductive to have wasted all that code reworking structure part durability just to make armor worthless a couple weeks later by making guns so flimsy. Armor and structure parts seem pointless now, and the only thing relevant is the Omamori and whether or not you have one, or something similar, like the in-coming new wheels, or the new Kronos cab. I think this is a messed up situation and the game is probably too complicated and complex to be very much fun at this rate.

This is really more BS than I feel inclined to want to shovel though just to play a video game. Iā€™m afraid the developers may be overplaying their hand. Reddit is a dumpster fire of hate, so I know itā€™s not just me.

FFS, all I really wanted was more maps.

2 Likes

Anything that makes the game feel more MMO and less arcade Iā€™m for.

Yeah I saw that floatingā€¦junkā€¦in my garage. Iā€™m an adult male and not effeminate, so personally I find it unappealing and somewhat insulting. :see_no_evil:.

Dumb question: where is the interface for starting a band?

I left my inactive clan last night, but couldnā€™t find the button for bands.

Also, if Iā€™m only in a band, do I still have access to the clan challenges (other than the clan wars challenges)? Or do I need to be in a clan to maximize my grind?

1 Like

u on console or pc?,anyway it takes 3 days to join a clan when u quit a clanā€¦

Thereā€™s just so much of that out there already, and it isnā€™t the part of this game that makes it outstanding. In fact, I think there are better 3rd person shooters out there to be had that are MMO, if thatā€™s all people were looking for.

Patrol is indeed pretty arcade, and so are raids, but I never had an issue with PVP feeling arcade, or the game in general, because PVP is a thing. I didnā€™t think it was too ā€œarcade,ā€ whatever that means. Besides, way more kids like PVE than I initially thought, so Iā€™ve come to realize.

Apparently, almost nobody liked Clan Wars, and now the whole game seems to be gearing up to revolve around that system. Iā€™m not that interested in it. Never even considered that mode because of what it is; Whale Wars, obviously.

That was my initial reaction (WTF is this?), but once I looked at it through the eyes of a parent (adult male who breeds), I saw them like creepy baby monitors from some dystopian nursery. Then I found them much more amusing, because then I think I get the gag; The developers see us as a bunch of toddlers in a Lord of the Flies style apocalypse, or at least I think that is the gag. I think itā€™s funny.

Iā€™m on PS4. Would that three day rule apply to bands? Iā€™m more interested in bands, because I still donā€™t care about clan wars, and because Iā€™m anti-social in-game.

4 Likes

idk,i would think it would,because there needs to be a grace period or players would just jump around to diff clans and bands on the the fly.

1 Like

Before you start a Clan/Band, and at this point there doesnā€™t seem to be a clear disambiguation, at least in terminology, it is here:

ā€¦and the inner menu looks like this:

After youā€™ve created a Clan/Band, that inner menu will then look like this:

1 Like

I donā€™t see any mention of bands there, just clans.
Shouldnā€™t there be something separate? Doesnā€™t it cost less to start a band?

1 Like

Maybe the bands start with the new challenges tomorrow night since the new challenges & bands are interdependent. :man_shrugging:

There is no disambiguation in the current terminology. I think itā€™s a bug. Russian English? IDK.

Yes. If you look, you will see the cost is only 2oo scrap. It gives you a four-man roster, which they call a ā€œclanā€ on this stupid menu, but I think they mean ā€œband,ā€ because thatā€™s what I got when I did it. It cost 2oo scrap, and I got a ā€œclanā€ (band) that allows for a group of four, and doesnā€™t get a clan abbreviation that rides your in-game moniker.

Itā€™s like a limited access clan.

I presume they will issue a patch that fixes the bad lingoā€¦I hope.

Hell, I could be wrong, and I started an actual clan for 2oo scrap. IDK, but I think itā€™s just bad Englishā€¦and a generally stupid idea, but I hear thatā€™s a different thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like