Crossout=pay and win

cw is indeed a p2w mode, you can play it or just pvp, but cw is not the majority of the game, if you say the whole game is bad because cw is a pay to win mode that’s your problem

3 Likes

There’s this one team that has one build that is just kapkans, and a few kapkan/king builds. They’re so frustrating to face, but what can you do? Either just be happy when they’re on your team and they demobilize the entire opposing team for you to use for target practice, and run that interceptor module for when you’re facing them.
I do think their queueing system maybe needs to reshuffle more often, or if maybe just needs a better way of dealing with groups.
Maybe the PS of a group should be determined by their highest PS member? Does anyone know how it currently works?

This game is pay and win

Please state your reasons

trying to change someones mind on this topic is like trying to drown a fish lol

4 Likes

I still remember the conversation we had
Reduce the maximum weight of the growl - Discussion - Crossout

1 Like

Questions about the new rarity - Discussion - Crossout

that one aged well lol

I think I very much agree that is at play here. As the power-score climbs, more exploitative techniques become possible and available to those who would have them, and encounters with OP and unbalanced features becomes more likely, as the higher PS allows for more diverse features to be at play in the same theater. I think it’s chaotic. Maybe to the point of being ridiculous sometimes.

And ya, the matchmaker. It packs a lot of influence. Which is why I posted the power-scores for that match. I’ve seen them pretty lop-sided, but in this case my power-score was very average. A bot on the opposing team has the highest PS. The rest of us on either side are pretty square, and well within, what, about 5% of each other?
I think it looks like a pretty fair match.

I didn’t win because my PS was higher than anybody else’s, but more importantly (directly to the topic), I didn’t win because I paid to, and I won by a pretty significant margin too. It was a good roll.

Was the Matchmaker up to some hanky-panky? It’s too hard for me to tell from those numbers. How long will my luck hold out? When do the pay to win guys get out of bed? Late probably. We’ll see.

It was fun. I played. I won. It cost 99 cents.

1 Like

I think Poony fairly well settled the issue.

I don’t play CW anymore. If I did, I’d certainly feel the need to chase the Buff/Nerf cycle & ever changing meta. To do that, you’d need lots of money in the game.

In normal PVP, raids, adventure or even Patrol… yeah, there’s zero need to spend money. If you disagree with that, and actually want to understand why other people disagree with you (instead of idiotically trying to win every argument out of your own box of anger), visit Charlie’s EAB build thread. Download a build from him. Go dominate with it. All free or easy to get stuff.

Outside of CW, it’s not P2W. It’s pay to have all the toys you don’t need to win, but might feel you need to compensate for not knowing how to build and/or fight.

I say that because I’m in that category. I have a hugely difficult time trying to build the way Charlie does. I’m learning. Alas, you don’t even need to do that. You just need to hit up the exhibition.

EDIT:

Here’s the link…

Charlie’s EAB thread

2 Likes

I’m grinding a few things out for that specific purpose currently. I had to take a detour to move a Cannon Challenge though (crafting a Little Boy presently).

This account has a very small inventory. It’s nice because I don’t have to scroll through much crap, but I’m missing some basics. There’s a couple cabs I could sell, and it’s got a Fidget that seems out of place and could fetch a smart profit, but I’m not wanting to sell any of it. I’m not using it right now, and it’s very tempting.

I could sell my Hot-Rod for over a 200% profit. Maybe I’ll do that. I’ve got a Howl I’m not doing anything with, but I think that’s a good cab to keep…ya, I’m gonna sell that Hot-Rod. It’s not that great…er…I mean, it’s a wonderful cab, low mileage, high tonnage, practically new.

1 Like

Thats even worse :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t play ranked mode. I purchased 14 packs and almost every BP. But I don’t have any unfair advantage since I barely play PvP. Now if I would grind batteries again, using mostly fused build, that could be considered advantage over a certain number of players who started around the same time I had but never dropped a dime in the game.

1 Like

@kehich it failed to post who i was replying too

actually you do if your running higher ps than those grinding you have a big advantage even in pve since the resource payout is based on damage you do. and it also influences the payout the grinders get. because your higher ps is influencing how hard it is to kill the bots in raids. this is glaring on console where the ps difference can be up to 4-6 times yours. 1- 2k running with 18k, 12k,11k, in easy raid. that 2k grinder gets a WHOLE LOT LESS REP AND RESOURCE PAY OUT thanks to p2w players driving up the difficulty of the raid with their high ps builds.

stillwinds is perfect example of the p2w mechanics at work. in the treasure of wasteland. you can not even craft a standard stillwind to sell to grinders on market without paying a steep price to unfuse a stillwind with 15 legendary stabilizers. before you can even sell one to a grinder.

I think the crafting also scales for stillwind where each following one costs more than previous to craft. IF understood a person who bought the BP for it. .

scaling similar to how blueprints work where later ones cost more to unlock

That’s Pay to Play more so than P2W as your not even really winning anything from just the sale alone.

2 Likes

@dirty

your NOT understanding the p2w. pay to win is NOT about 100% winning. its about the increased chance of winning. by having better gear than the grinder by paying your more likely to beat them in a match. because it takes less effort to kill your enemy. example as grinder I only have access to 2 whirlwinds to which I crafted the grinders way. you as p2w bought bp and crafted 2 FUSED stillwinds. your doing double or more the dps my NO-FUSED whirlwinds can achieve. if we had identical builds other than weapons.

so it takes you 50% less effort to destroy me. making it 5o% easier to beat me. regardless of my skill level or yours. you paid to have 50% better advantage of winning that you would NOT have had if you had NOT spent that money on the BP to craft 2 fused stillwinds. THAT I CAN’T CRAFT.

the excuse was used you can buy it on market therefore its not p2w. but it still is. that was why I pointed out for me to get a still wind you would have to waste 15 legendary stabilizers to sell your still wind to me. so its a double barrier for me to acquire a stillwind. have to find someone willing to waste stabilizers to sell it to me and they had to have the BP in first place to do it.

I wouldn’t waste 15 legendary stabilizer per stillwind. to sell to you would say too bad I will just wipe the floor with you all day.

1 Like

Fair. And this what I mean. I havnt rly read any responses other then the 1 below op post coz im to tired of hearing a bunch of lames (not ref to you) play a bunch of mental gymnastics tryin to deny its p2w.

Tellin the new guy its not p2w is lame af, Thats like 1 of the guys on my teams bench gooin down dunking on a bunch of the 3rd graders tellin them “gET gOOd” like shutup goofi you on the damm bench on our team (like not even playin cw with the rest of us acually tryin to win with the right gear)

This fax to tho, I just dont care about p2w in pve tbh buts its still p2w.

You don’t even know who your talking to, I only have one whirlwind. I’m pretty sure I know what P2Ws.

1 Like