Radiance misleading progression

“Complete the challenges and take part in the operation “Radiance” to get rewards.”

And progression beyond 36+ to infinity getting Iris for each level until the end of operation “Radiance”

“and take part in operation “Radiance” to get rewards.”
^This is completely false. After completing all challenges there is no other way to progress I am hard capped at lvl 36 with 300/1000 to lvl 37. Giving me only 1 Iris. With no possibility to earn any more. This also make infinite Iris rewards also false.

You should have said take part in example: 36 challenges in 60 days and receive the following 36 rewards. With no infinite rewards because you do not give xp beyond those challenges.

I understand that you have compensated with 3 days subscription if people claim it in a certain time frame. This is not good enough and I expect you to do better in the future.

You’re not alone…

Radiance is still broken, and needs addressing - Discussion - Crossout

No MORE CHALLNEGES FOR RADIANCE! - Discussion - Crossout

Radiance battlepass SCAM - Discussion - Crossout

Radiance - Discussion - Crossout

Operation Radiance - Discussion - Crossout

4 Likes

Mine BP reads the same way, yet I earned 3 Iris modules and crafted a miller with very little effort. I payed almost no attention to this pass, until after they announced the cut-off for awarding challenges. So, what’s going on?

It reads like I had not completed the pass at all, yet I did, and leveled it up twice over to earn 3 Iris modules in all, which I think is a rather generous reward for these passes, considering that module is selling at 270 coin (PC).

IDK. I complained early on that I could barely read these passes, as the reward system seemed convoluted and hard to follow. I couldn’t tell WTF I was buying into, and was reluctant to buy one.

It worked out fine for me though, and I’m not sure why it didn’t for others, unless they were upset that they couldn’t continue to raid the pantry of high value goods after the back-door was closed. That’s what it looked like to me; people complaining their smash-n-grab was busted…so very sad.

This thing, where people are not able to complete the pass at all now, doesn’t seem right. I only gave this pass attention after the controversy of the challenge cut-off, then I hustled through it, and ended up with 3 Iris modules to show for it.

I thought the challenges stacked, and everybody got the same amount of them. If that’s not the situation (a universal quantity of challenges presented), I think that’s pretty messed up, and no, 3 days premium does not make a good apology for that. They should be able to earn at least what I did (the full pass rewards and two bonus Iris Modules), so they can craft that other Miller, like I did, or buy what they want selling the Iris modules.

I think I got my $10, even without crafting the Omamori. That thing probably shouldn’t have been on the bench in the first place, if it wasn’t going to be possible to craft. That just seems stupid, if not wicked…but that’s almost it’s own controversy, I think.

Really botched Battle Pass. It sure is pretty though (both of them). I’ve heard success entails a lot of failure to achieve. They’re on a roll, looks like. I’m sorry to hear some people couldn’t even finish the pass, let alone craft an extra Iris or two.

1 Like

You got scammed. The patchnotes state: 2 challenges a day, which could be taken as 1300 + 350 every day of the event. Which would’ve given you 45 levels total. Still not enough to craft an Omamori, but at least you’d technically get what you paid for. And with the initial 20-hour challenge refresh, one could end up with an Omamori and 1 spare Iris, obtained just with the BP.

The scam varied depending on the time of buying the BP:

1. With the 20-hour challenge refresh, it’d’ve been 53 levels with 800 XP remaining. Resulting, e.g., in obtaining 1 Omamori, 2 Arguments, 1 Iris. Those that bought the BP when the refresh was still 20 h, had every reason to believe it would contiue at that rate.
  2. After the refresh was changed to 24 h, you’d probably need to buy 1 Miller to craft an Omamori. But you could still assume you’d get 27 * (1600 + 350) XP, i.e., 45 levels.
  3. If someone bought the BP when it was already known that there were no more challenges, I wouldn’t see that as a scam because that particular information remained valid till the end. It could be seen as an update to the statement in the patchnotes.

You made the decision to purchase the Battle Pass as a service based on the information advertised at the time of the purchase, and paying for it resulted in entering into a sales contract. If a service provider changes the terms of a service, it becomes a different service, thus nullifying any existing agreements. Because that existing service is thereby terminated. It’s a universal principle for any kind of service, such as an Internet or a phone plan. If the provider wants to change anything, they’re mandated by law to notify you in advance, give you ample time to consider whether you want the new service or not, etc. What those crooks did was very much a bait-and-switch scheme. It’s some kind of crime. There are probably laws in place protecting you from that. The EULA contains the following passage:

“6.3. Any fees (whether in form of In-Game currency or “real world” money) paid by you in exchange for any In-Game Items are non-refundable…”

But how does it apply to deceiving customers?

You have sufficient proof in the Radiance patchnotes and in the news post they later tried to muddy the waters with. If you included the two links in a Paypal refund form, you should get a refund. I assume Gaijing would suspend your account no matter what. It’s up to you if you want to continue playing what is now officially a scam, and still need this account.

I’ll be reporting them to some consumer rights institutions worldwide, in hopes of getting them banned from markets in a number of countries. They basically stole money from players who bought the Radiance BP or a Polar Lights BP. That’s criminal. The more people report them, the more traction the issue will get. I’m sure there’s some EU institution that loves a juicy scam to bite into. They set up those offices in Hungary, the Cyprus, and a few other places (maybe not only for tax purposes), which should make them fully vulnerable to law outside of Russia, when they decide to break it.

Maybe what we see as a scam is legal in Russia. Or not legal but nobody cares over there? Some cultural norm, pehaps? For years, they kept lying to and disrespecting paying players. They were taking money from players in the West and still didn’t care to treat them the way they’re accustomed to being treated in their respective countries. That’s counterintuitive to running a business, but perhaps all of it could fall under the ‘still a beta’ category, so maybe they didn’t break any law. But this time, it’s a clear case of them stealing money from a lot of people who bought the Radiance BP, the Polar Lights BP, or both.

This is simply a crime. And two BP scams practically at the same time should be enough data to expect more of the same, or worse, in the future. In case you missed this:

2 Likes

Youre xlearly mistaken. You are level 37 in your picture (same as all of us). You get an iris for 36+, meaning you got two iris modules for being at 37, not 3 (again, same as all of the rest of us).

So not to split hairs, but no one got to make a single miller using only irises from the BP without buying levels.

1 Like

I didn’t buy any levels.

2 Likes

If you bought the deluxe pass with required parts pack for the event you got 10 or 15 free levels.

I don’t remember how many. But that is what I did. I probably missed a few days but not more than 5 and completed all challenges before the end of the pass.

That’s not the battle pass this topic is going on about, it’s the baby battle pass Radiance with 36 levels not the 75 level one

Nope. Didn’t. Regular $10 pass.

I’ll say that realizing I had a dozen stacked 350 point challenges left, that would ultimately allow me to finish the pass and earn extra Iris modules, was not easily discernible, and I only noticed they existed when I completed one incidentally by playing the brawl (just for fun). Then the notification popped up, announcing I had completed one. Otherwise, I thought I was screwed too.

This Op-Rad pass was put together very badly, seems light and is mostly crap (same as the other one, IMO), but I was able to complete it with very little effort.

Frankly, I can’t read it’s labyrinth of menu BS easily. It looks like it was arranged by a tweaker who had been awake for 3 three days straight and starting to glitch. Maybe I’m overlooking something, but maybe the others who are upset are also. IDK.

I’m glad I was immune to the controversy. I feel bad for those who supposedly weren’t. I don’t know what happened, and for the life of me, I can see no issue from my end, other than sloppy work. The artwork is awesome as usual, however.

The Polar Light Pass is said to have similar issues. I hope I’m immune to those too, and can finish the pass without the controversy. It sure is dragging ass though. I hope their next pass is more professional, since they gave themselves something like four months to build the next one…that’s not been the trend, though. Each battle pass has been dumber than the previous.

I sure don’t know WTF they are doing, can’t explain it, nor do I know what to expect from them, except more of the same discombobulation and course changing. After all this time, you’d think they would have a system or routine by now. They seem to think they need to reinvent the wheel every month, instead of refining the one they already have.

I don’t get it.

So, this Radiance BP contained a whole vehicle and raised the part limit to 55?
Sounds like a good deal to a new player.
Then all those Coins, Machine Guns and Nail Guns too?
But somehow a few less Machine guns or Nail guns is a rip off?
Storage expansions too?

There was some gems not going to lie about that. But the description is the main problem.

I have not been playing for years and joined in February. I didn’t not have prior experience with how gaijin treated these operations.

“Complete the challenges (no mention of them being limited)

and take part in the operation “Radiance” to get rewards. (This suggests you would progress by taking part in it earning xp per match)”

Then you have the progression calming to give Irises for every level over 36 and you could get infinite levels until the end of the Op.

Gaijin in my opinion lied and misled me. They should get legal action against them.

There was nothing suggested anything other than I have explained here. No visible “subject to change” and even if there was it would not hold up in a legal dispute.

1 Like

Don’t know if I replied correctly to you.

There was some gems not going to lie about that. But the description is the main problem.

I have not been playing for years and joined in February. I didn’t not have prior experience with how gaijin treated these operations.

“Complete the challenges (no mention of them being limited)

and take part in the operation “Radiance” to get rewards. (This suggests you would progress by taking part in it earning xp per match)”

Then you have the progression calming to give Irises for every level over 36 and you could get infinite levels until the end of the Op.

Gaijin in my opinion lied and misled me. They should get legal action against them.

There was nothing suggested anything other than I have explained here. No visible “subject to change” and even if there was it would not hold up in a legal dispute.

1 Like

too bad you needed to craft 3 in order to make the top rewards. You were not able to make an omamari were you? You know, the reason all the new players would have bought this pass?

I have played from launch. They have not done a pass like this before. Many players, old and new think it was a rip off.

I ended up with 3 millers. I don’t recall buying any of them. I think I crafted a couple with the lighters. I don’t even know if I like them. I haven’t really tried them. If that’s what I needed to craft an Omamari, I guess I could have.

Who knows why the new guy might have bought the pass. For $10, it’s a lot better than any of the Starter Packs, regardless of if the Omamari was part of it, and again, if what I needed was three millers to craft one of those, I could have.

The pass was poorly presented, but I made it through without even trying. I ended up with a set of three millers, some cool skins for my tracks, and a bunch of beginner stuff. Some of which I can sell, or dump into fusion, like some blue wheels, a cab, an engine, plus coins…some other crap (I can’t remember), and creepy brawl to go with it?

I think some people are over-hyping the offense a little, but then I think some of it is faux offense, because they closed the back door and shut down the glutting.

I went for getting 2 upgrades millers.
Had to buy extra on the market.

On paper the omamari didn’t appeal to me, many weapons hit with 300+ in one shot.

I have never tried it though. Might be a future investment.

You needed 5 to craft an omamari. You didn’t have enough even after buying one.

One of the three legendaries. Two of which could be crafted any time. Do not have to think to hard as to which item most people wanted to craft.